When is Personal Information Collected?
You may be asked by staff at one of our bureaux, or prompted at various points on our Website to provide us with your personal information.
Accordingly, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms
- details of any transactions you carry out in-store at one of our bureaux, through the Website or over the phone, and of the fulfilment of your order(s)
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access; and
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and other relevant laws. We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for such uses.
If you provide information when buying travel money or other goods or services from Currency Xtra, we may use such personal information for the purposes of:
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention and anti-money laundering);
- complying with our obligations to third party product issuers in accordance with the terms and conditions of their services;
- keeping you informed by email of similar Currency Xtra products or services to those which you have bought, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so;
- providing you with any email alerts you have registered for;
- ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Notifying you about changes to our services.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
When transmitting personal information over the internet, please bear in mind that this is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website.
Once we receive your personal information, we use strict security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorised access. Where Currency Xtra is required to make paper copies of your personal information, such information is stored in a secure locked storage facility and when required, archived in the same manner.
All personal information which is provided online is stored on our secure electronic systems and archived in a secure manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party save for the following purposes:
- if Currency Xtra or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Currency Xtra, our customers, or others.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites or sometimes by emails. Cookies provide us with useful information which we use to improve our Website and make it possible for Currency Xtra to identify some of your preferences. When you revisit our Website, our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits which help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We use three types of cookies on our websites
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites until they either expire or you delete them.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Removal from Currency Xtra Email Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from us. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing email@example.com
Please specify that you want to be removed from the Currency Xtra email database. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email marketing communications we send you.