This statement applies to you if you are an existing customer of Currency Xtra, or begin to use our services.
Who is the Controller and Processor?
Currency Xtra are the controller and processor of your personal data, and the contact details are:
Currency Xtra Ltd., 3 Eden Street, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh BT74 7EG. Tel +44 2866 327084. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How and when is Personal Data collected, and what Personal Data is collected?
You may be asked by staff at one of our bureaux to supply information verbally, or by supplying documentation such as photographic ID and proof of address, or you may be prompted at various points on our Website to provide us with your personal information.
Accordingly, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Contact information you provide by filling in forms, such as: Name, gender, title, address/es, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Date of birth and/or age.
- Marital status
- Occupation, including details of where you work
- Bank account details
- Bankruptcy details
- Information from fraud agencies or credit reference agencies
- Details of any transactions you carry out in-store at one of our bureaux, through the Website or over the phone, and of the fulfilment of your order(s)
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access; and
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- If you interact with us through social media, we may retain your details and records of the conversations/interaction. We are not responsible for the security or protection of any personal data collected by social media websites. Please review the data protection statements and any policies of those websites before you use them.
- If you communicate by letter, email or other written medium, we will retain this in accordance with applicable laws. We do this for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, to prevent and detect crime, quality control and monitoring purposes, to protect the security of our communication systems as well as our procedures and when we need to consider a record of what has been communicated.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and other relevant laws. We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for such uses.
As part of our Customer Due Diligence and Ongoing Monitoring processes, we may check customer information to identify any sanction, terrorist or politically exposed person status. These checks may also provide personal data in relation to criminal convictions or offences, and may be used when deciding whether to start or continue a relationship with an individual.
If you provide information when buying travel money or other goods or services from Currency Xtra, we may use such personal information for the purposes of:
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention and anti-money laundering);
- Complying with our obligations to third party product issuers in accordance with the terms and conditions of their services;
- Notifying you about changes to our services.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Personal Data
Once we receive your personal information, we use strict security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorised access. Where Currency Xtra is required to make paper copies of your personal information, such information is stored in a secure locked storage facility and when required, archived in the same manner.
All personal information which is retained online is stored on our secure electronic systems and archived in a secure manner.
Storage and Disposal of Personal Data
We are required by law to retain certain data for specific periods of time. We will dispose of all data which we no longer have a legitimate legal purpose for retaining.
Sharing of Personal Data
We will not share your personal information to any third party save for the following purposes:
- As part of our AML/CTF procedures, for instance in providing Information on the Payer relating to any transfer of funds which you ask us to transact on your behalf.
- If Currency Xtra or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations regarding Anti Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing or other criminal or fraudulent activity.
- In order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Currency Xtra, our customers, or others.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request corrections to the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party. Please contact us.
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You have a right to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority – the ICO. We have provided contact details for the ICO below.
If you want to exercise your rights, please contact us using the details above.
You will not have to pay a charge to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may make a reasonable charge if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed.
Please keep us informed
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites or sometimes by emails. Cookies provide us with useful information which we use to improve our Website and make it possible for Currency Xtra to identify some of your preferences. When you revisit our Website, our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits which help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We use two types of cookies on our websites
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites until they either expire or you delete them.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.